Disasters such as floods, tornados, fires and even hurricanes are a very real potential in the state of Georgia. Disasters can destroy property, inventory and human lives, resulting in dire consequences for small businesses. If proper measures aren’t taken in advance to protect your employees, property and equipment, devastation to your business is inevitable. According to Ready.Gov, there are 5 steps in developing a disaster preparedness program to help prepare your business for disasters:
1. PROGRAM MANAGEMENT – Organize, develop and administer a preparedness program.
2. PLANNING – Assess risks and implement ways to reduce risks.
3. IMPLEMENTATION – Address items such as emergency response, crisis communications and employee assistance when developing the preparedness plan.
4. TESTING AND EXERCISES – Test and evaluate the effectiveness of the plan.
5. PROGRAM IMPROVEMENT – Identify any improvements needed to strengthen the preparedness plan.
Don’t wait for disasters to strike. With proper planning you can help mitigate damage, allowing you to continue operations during emergencies and to help rebuild after disasters strike. For more information regarding these 5 steps in developing a disaster preparedness program, read more here.
Keeping your business safe for your employees and visitors is our main priority at Pilgrim Mat Services. Let us show you the benefits of investing in a mat rental program to help you reduce the risk of slips and falls in your business. For more information regarding the Pilgrim Mat Services rental program and other products we offer, please give us a call at (800) 939-2523.