At Pilgrim Mat Services, we understand the importance of branding your business. We also know how important it is to make a great first impression with your customers. Our Specialty Logo Mats are not only the perfect platform for displaying your logo, but also providing the needed functionality from an entryway mat.
It’s a well-known fact that the most coveted American dream is to be a business owner. Approximately 250,000 Americans take the plunge each year. They spend countless hours writing out their business strategy and securing business loans. They research traffic patterns and ideal locations for their business to reside. But one very important step that sometimes lacks attention is to brand the business effectively. The American Marketing Association (AMA) defines a brand as a “name, term, sign, symbol or design, or a combination of them intended to identify the goods and services of one seller or group of sellers and to differentiate them from those of other sellers.” A strong brand is a foundational piece in your marketing communication strategy and it is important to invest time in researching, defining and building your brand.
An important component of your branding strategy is the company logo. It is the symbol that provides customers with instant and powerful brand recognition of your business and products or services offered. Here are some guidelines when designing a strong logo that embodies your branding strategy:
1) Research your competition: Your logo should stand out and separate you from your competition. Research what they are doing and avoid using the same themes or colors.
2) Use your imagination: Think outside the box. Embrace creativity and avoid boring and uninventive designs. Remember you want your logo to stand out.
3) Colors: The rule of thumb is to limit it to one or two colors, or if your image is strong enough, black and white.
4) Fonts: Custom fonts are best and will help your logo stand out if you are adding text to your logo. Avoid the standard fonts that can be seen anywhere. Once you choose a font, stick to it. Avoid using several different fonts in the logo.
5) Avoid stock images: Your logo should be as unique as your company. Don’t run the risk of having the same image that your competition has chosen.
6) Hire a graphic designer: It’s tempting to put on your designer hat and attempt a logo design, especially if you are on a limited budget. If you don’t have a creative bone in your body, you can find designers that are very affordable. Great places to look for freelance designers are local art schools or colleges. Keep in mind that a logo that looks like an amateur designed it will present your business in an amateurish light.
If you would like more information about our Specialty Logo Mat solutions, mat rental programs or other products and services we offer, please give us a call at 800-939-2523. Let one of our mat rental service experts at Pilgrim Mat Services provide the best solutions for your business!